Top 5 Reasons to Retire in PebbleCreek
Proximity to the Phoenix Airport and world-class amenities are two reasons buyers choose PebbleCreek
PebbleCreek retirement community, a Robson Community, is one of the top choices for many retirees considering buying a retirement home. PebbleCreek is all about being an Active Adult, and it’s up to you whether that’s physical activity like golf and tennis or socializing while participating in the many clubs and actives available. The gated retirement community spans approximately 22,000 acres and is estimated to have about 6,400 homes when finished. It offers a distinct country club atmosphere with resort-style amenities. If you talk to the residences, they love living in PebbleCreek. Here are top 5 reasons buyers choose to live in PebbleCreek (they are in no particular order).
- Urban Location: PebbleCreek is conveniently located in the Southwest Valley close to 303 and I-10. It is one of the closest active adult communities to downtown Phoenix and the airport. Downtown Phoenix is a 20-minute drive, and Sky Harbor Airport is about a 27 minutes away. Shopping and entertainment are a few miles away with the new Estrella Mall. PebbleCreek is also close to state of the art medical care and Spring Training.
- Gated Community: PebbleCreek is split into two sections, with PebbleCreek Parkway the dividing factor. Both sides are gated with guards manning the gate 24 hours a day. The older side is called Eagles Nest, and there, you will find older homes with larger lots and mature landscaping. The newer side is called Tuscany Falls with homes still being built today. Both sides are gated and have their respective clubhouses: Eagles Nest Club House and Tuscany Falls Club House. Residents can use all amenities regardless of which side they live on.
- World-Class Resort-Style Amenities: PebbleCreek offers world-class amenities that you would expect to find in a 4 or 5-star resort. The community boasts 45 holes of golf with two championship 18-hole golf courses. There are two luxurious clubhouses, Eagles Nest and Tuscany Falls. Tuscany is the newest clubhouse, where you will find Toscana’s restaurant, 395-seat movie theater/lecture hall, ballroom/auditorium, banquet room and lounge, and a new state-of-the-art Sports Club where you can work out, take classes or swim in the indoor/outdoor resort-style pools. In the community, there are many outdoor activities to choose from, including golf, tennis (6 lit courts), pickleball (8 courts), bocce ball (8 courts), and a total of 3 pools. There is even a small and big doggie park which was recently added.
- Lock and Leave Homes: For many boomers, the first home they buy in an adult community will be a second home that is a low-maintenance condo, duplex, townhouse, or villa. These homes are single-story with one or more shared walls. The second homeowners association covers landscaping and exterior maintenance. This lock and leave option is popular with boomers and those who no longer want to take care of exterior house maintenance as it allows a carefree lifestyle with more time to enjoy the community, travel, or pick up and leave to return to their primary home. PebbleCreek began building 122 villas (townhouses) in January 2015. The floor plans range from 1400 to 1800 sq. ft. They were so popular that they continue to build more.
- New and Resale Homes Available for Sale: PebbleCreek is considered one of the newer active adult communities and is still building new homes, so if you have your heart set on a new home in an active adult retirement community, it’s definitely one to explore. New homes start at around $400,000. There are currently 17 new models offering that incorporate energy efficiency like solar and desirable open floor plans for today’s savvy new home buyer. The new model homes boast gourmet kitchens, tall ceilings, great room floor plans, media rooms, designer flooring, and well-thought-out outdoor living space. New homes range in size from 1404 square feet to 3,134 square feet. The Premiere and the Estate Home Series offer a 3rd golf cart garage. PebbleCreek has a wonderful Guest Stayover Program if you are buying new. On the other hand, many buyers opt for resale homes as you can get more bang for your buck.
Resale homes in PebbleCreek can vary in size from 1,110 to close to 3,500 sq. ft. Most of the homes are single story with a few two-story floor plans in both the older section of Eagle’s Nest and the Tuscany side. There were initially 18 models to choose from, with many different options like three-car garages and bonus rooms. Homes on the golf course, preserve or backing to a common area, like a walking path, can be the most sought after but also come with a higher price tag. There is a home for everyone, with prices for homes for sale ranging from around $170,000 to well over a million.
In review, PebbleCreek is a great retirement community to consider if you are looking for a gated community that is close to the Phoenix Airport with world-class resort amenities. If you are considering PebbleCreek, you may also like Sun City Grand or Trilogy at Vistancia. Both these communities are in the northwest Valley of Phoenix, are newer, and Trilogy is also gated.
I hope you have found this article on the top 5 reasons to retire in PebbleCreek informative. If you are interested in following the real estate market in this retirement community, you can view monthly reports by clicking on the Market Report image.