Types of Homes and Costs in Sun City West
Sun City West the Affordable Active Adult Retirement Community!
There are approximately 90 different elevations and 120 floor plans (houses, apartments and duplexes) in Sun City West. The majority are two bedrooms, two bath and double car garages. Whether you are here full time or only for the winter months, there’s a home that will suit your need in terms of size, design, location and price range. The real estate market in Sun City West is very active.
Types of homes in Sun City West
There are three primary living options available in Sun City West:
|Single Family Dwellings:These comprise the majority of Sun City West homes and are from 920-Sq.ft. to more than 3,500-sq.ft. with 2-4 bedrooms, 2-3 bathrooms, 1-3 car garages, varying lot sizes and some golf course lots. There are single-family homes in neighborhood Home Owners Associations which handle landscaping and other services for a monthly fee.|
|Duplexes: Side-by-side units, each individually owned and from 1,200 to more than 2,000-sq.ft; Garden Apartments: Several units attached in a row that range from 700 to 1,400-sq. and Patio Homes.|
|Additional Options – Grandview Terrace offers luxurious condos in a six-story building complete with fine dining, indoor pool, walking track, craft and club-rooms and an active calendar of events. The Madison and Heritage Traditions offer deluxe rental apartments in similarly wonderful surroundings.|
Fees, Taxes and Cost of Living in Sun City West
|Rec Center Membership||$74|
|Water & Sewer||$56|
|Trash Collection (twice per week)||$17|
|High Speed Internet||$50|
There is a sales tax in Sun City West on most purchases. There is no sales tax on groceries.
Sun City West Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions
Here is a sample of some of the important CC&Rs that Surprise West property owners agree to follow:
– One member of the household must be at least 55 years of age and no one under the age of 19 may reside in SCW. Visiting children may stay a maximum of 90 days in one year.
– No motor home, boat, RV, trailer, bus or commercial vehicle may be parked at a residence for more than a total of 72 hours in any one month, and may not be used as living quarters at any time. (Note: a secured storage area is available for these for Surprise and Surprise West residents at a very reasonable rate.)
– Shrubs, trees, grass and plantings must be kept neatly trimmed, free of trash, weeds, and other unsightly materials at all times.
– All properties must be kept in good repair and adequately painted. Carports and garages must be kept in a tidy manner if visible from the street.
– Only generally recognized household pets are permitted. Maricopa County leash laws apply. NOTE: There is a Dog Park for canine socializing – owners can socialize, too!
-Residential properties may not be used to conduct business.
– No storage buildings, sheds or other structures may be erected.
The above items represent only key CC&Rs. Each HOA also has its own set of CC&R’s. When you purchase your home, be sure to read the CC&R’s provided by the title company